Omigod you guys, meet fashion merchandising major Elle Woods (Courtney Bowman) and her college sweetheart Warner Huntington III (Alistair Toovey). Popular, stylish, they have the perfect relationship. That is until Warner heads to Harvard Law School and decides that he needs a more 'serious' kind of girlfriend.
Dumped, Elle embarks on a drastic plan to win him back. But, on the way, she discovers that there's more to love - and definitely Elle Woods - than meets the eye. Directed by Lucy Moss, co-writer and co-director of the smash-hit musical SIX, it's time to bend and snap, people!
For details of £15 RUSH tickets and £15 grass bank tickets, visit openairtheatre.com/ticket-prices.
You can download a PDF copy of the Legally Blonde programme here.
Presented by arrangement with MUSIC THEATRE INTERNATIONAL
Running Time: 2 hours 20 minutes (including interval)
Please note, this production contains flashing lights.
Guidelines for Parents and Teachers
This stage musical is based on the film (which has a BBFC rating of 12). It includes moderate language and some sexual references. This is therefore more suitable for ages 12+. It remains the responsibility of the parent/guardian in advance of purchase to make their own judgement as to the suitability of the show for their child. In any event, children under the age of 4 will not be admitted to the venue.
Read reviewsShow all reviews
"A SERIOUSLY FABULOUS revival, and one of the most inclusive shows I've ever seen"
"STAGE HEAVEN. Sackfuls of delightful silliness, unflagging energy, and a riot of pink costumes. But - omigod! - it's only on until July 2. Like, hurry!"
"An inclusive power-house of a musical, one that embraces difference and diversity in its casting and its attitudes, while simultaneously celebrating a world that can change if people stand together. As Emmett, Michael Ahomka-Lindsay has graceful charm and the most tender of voices. A FIVE-STAR FIESTA"
"This bold and beautiful production leaves previous productions feeling like a pair of last season's Prada shoes. It tears up the rule book and creates a feel good sensation that makes for one hell of a fun night out."
"A whirlwind of a production that breathes positive new life into a popular story and delivers it with a mischievous twinkle and an irresistible generosity of spirit. Lauren Drew’s jaw-dropping number 'Whipped Into Shape' is just one of the upbeat moments that make Lucy Moss’s new staging blaze off the stage, warming even the chilliest of English spring evenings"
The Arts Desk
"Another TRIUMPHANT musical reinvention at the Park. Dynamite Nadine Higgin as Paulette has a whopping voice and spectacular timing, turning the musical’s most bonkers concept into a comic showstopper. Alistair Toovey is appropriately self-involved as Warner and Vanessa Fisher gives his new squeeze Vivienne a kickass redemption"
"This neon pink explosion of joy will brighten anyone’s day. The kitschy, dance-fuelled score and wittily sharp lyrics are such utter joy. This show is, like, TOTALLY FAB YOU GUYS!"
“A fizzy, fun musical night out reinvented for 2022, with KILLER CHOREOGRAPHY, plenty of laughs and lots of you-go-girl affirmation.”
"A blast of fresh, fabulous air. Courtney Bowman is SENSATIONAL"
"This Legally Blonde is, like, TOTALLY A HIT"
"Courtney Bowman is irrepressibly sparky and sensuous. YOU’LL BE BLOWN AWAY"
"Ellen Kane’s choreography is fabulously playful. IRRESISTIBLE. A musical for today”
“Isaac Hesketh, Hannah Yun Chamberlain and Grace Mouat are fabulous. Courtney Bowman is a revelation, a star in the making. With a powerhouse voice, she is sassy, charismatic, and UTTERLY PERFECT as Elle.”
"Lucy Moss has brought new bend and snap to Legally Blonde. Everything is as popping and pink as bubblegum"
- Carter Bellaimey – Dialect Coach
- Cassiopeia Berkeley-Agyepong – Dramaturg
- Cat Beveridge – Musical Supervisor
- Jean Chan – Costume and Co-Wigs, Hair and Make Up Designer
- Shanaé Chisholm – Casting Assistant
- Natalie Gallacher for Pippa Ailion Casting – Casting Director
- Tony Gayle – Sound Designer
- Philip Gladwell – Lighting Designer
- Laura Hopkins – Set Designer
- Barbara Houseman – Voice & Text and Season Associate Director
- Ellen Kane – Choreography and Musical Staging
- Ingrid Mackinnon – Season Associate: Intimacy Support
- Lucy Moss – Director
- Priya Patel Appleby – Associate Director
- Chris Poon – Associate Musical Director
- Queen Bee – Wigs, Hair and Make Up Designer
- Ainsley Hall Ricketts – Assistant Choreographer
- Alexzandra Sarmiento – Assistant Choreographer
- Amber Sinclair-Case – Associate Director
- Katharine Woolley – Musical Director
- With thanks – to Harrison Knights for casting consultancy support
- Michael Ahomka-Lindsay – Emmett
- Gabriela Benedetti – Ensemble
- Courtney Bowman – Elle Woods
- Lucca Chadwick-Patel – Ensemble
- Hannah Yun Chamberlain – Serena
- Jasmin Colangelo – Ensemble
- Allie Daniel – Ensemble
- Lauren Drew – Brooke
- Vanessa Fisher – Vivienne
- Joe Foster – Ensemble
- Isaac Hesketh – Margot
- Nadine Higgin – Paulette
- Honey Joseph – Ensemble
- Dominic Lamb – Ensemble
- Esme Laudat – Ensemble
- Alžbeta Matyšáková – Enid
- Eugene McCoy – Callahan
- Liam McEvoy – Ensemble
- Grace Mouat – Pilar
- Billy Nevers – Ensemble
- Ashley Rowe – Swing
- Shakira Simpson – Swing
- Biancha Szynal – Swing
- Paulo Teixeira – Swing and Dance Captain
- Alistair Toovey – Warner
- Dan Ellis – Percussion
- Richard Freeman – Trumpet
- John Gregson – Guitar
- David Hopkin – Trumpet
- Claire McInerney – Flute/Clarinet/Baritone Sax
- Mike Parkin – Drum Kit
- Chris Poon – Associate Musical Director/Keyboard 2
- Natalie Pound – Keyboard 3
- Jack Reddick – Alto Sax/Flute/Piccolo/Clarinet
- Glensi Roberts – Violin
- Jane Salmon – Trombone
- Meelie Traill – Bass
- Katharine Woolley – Musical Director/Keyboard 1