Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
As one of the largest independent, not-for-profit producing theatres in London, we are committed to:
- championing diversity and accessibility in everything that we do;
- ensuring that our artists, our work, our workforce and our audience better reflect the city and country in which we live;
- being an ever more inclusive organisation in which everyone feels listened to, valued, and able to be themselves;
- educating and informing our organisation so that unconscious bias and racism in any form are eradicated;
- properly monitoring the effectiveness of our equal opportunities policy, by collecting information annually, both about our employees and all those who apply to work with us (including performers and creative teams);
- working with our industry to seek out ways to fully access and broaden the pool of talent across all roles;
- supporting and maintaining a culture which promotes an open and safe environment where all those working with us may speak freely and candidly;
- listening to our artists, our workforce and our audience to hear ways in which we might improve our approach to equity, diversity and inclusion going forward; and
- regularly refining our approach and holding our progress to account.
We know that we still have more to do to be the most diverse and inclusive organisation we can be, and that we must continue to accelerate and enhance our progress to effect and engender real change.
An update on our work in this area will be issued in autumn 2022.