By Arthur Miller
Set amid the Salem witch hunts, The Crucible, arguably Arthur Miller's greatest play, sees a community divided by jealousy and superstition.
As witchcraft hysteria takes hold, choices have to be made: conform to survive or uphold your beliefs whatever the consequences.
Read reviewsShow all reviews
The Daily Telegraph
“Under the direction of Timothy Sheader, the Open Air Theatre in Regent’s Park has become one of the most exciting venues in London.”
“Oliver Ford Davies is absolutely terrifying as Danforth... with his granite-like authority and that extraordinarily compelling voice that sends shivers down the spine as it rasps, rumbles and roars.”
"It's amazing what Timothy Sheader has achieved as artistic director of the Regent's Park Open Air theatre. He's made an outing into a theatrical event, and turned a decorative space into a vital one... his productions let rip. Sheader makes the play look as if it's found its perfect home."
“A midsummer night’s scream... beneath the amber night skies of modern London, the fate of Salem still grips and troubles”
“Patrick O’Kane plays Proctor with a tremendous physical frenzy and fervour”“Emma Cunniffe gives a heartbreaking portrait of wifely stoicism”
"Timothy Sheader's decision to open this year's season with Arthur Miller's towering 1952 drama triumphantly pays off."
"As the darkness gathers, the imagery is extraordinarily potent"
The Mail on Sunday
"Sheader's vivid production grips like a vice... Patrick O'Kane's John burns with guilty passion... Oliver Ford Davies is truly terrifying"
- Director – Timothy Sheader
- Designer – Jon Bausor
- Composer & Sound Score – Nick Powell
- Movement Director – Liam Steel
- Lighting Designer – Paul Keogan
- Sound Designer – Fergus O'Hare
- Casting Director – Sarah Bird CDG
- Fight Director – Renny Krupinski
- Voice Coach & Text Consultant – Barbara Houseman
- Dialect Coach – Charmian Hoare
- Reverend Parris – Christopher Fulford
- Betty Parris – Ellie Paskell
- Tituba – Anni Domingo
- Abigail Williams – Emily Taaffe
- Susanna Walcott – Charlie Cameron
- Ann Putnam – Alexandra Mathie
- Thomas Putnam – Geoff Leesley
- Mercy Lewis – Lucy May Barker
- Mary Warren – Bettrys Jones
- John Proctor – Patrick O'Kane
- Rebecca Nurse – Susan Engel
- Giles Corey – Patrick Godfrey
- Reverend John Hale – Philip Cumbus
- Elizabeth Proctor – Emma Cunniffe
- Francis Nurse – Malcolm Rogers
- Ezekiel Cheever – Paul Kemp
- Marshal Herrick – Gary Milner
- Judge Hathorne – Christopher Hunter
- Deputy-Governor Danforth – Oliver Ford Davies
- Sarah Good – Alexandra Mathie