From the Golden Age of the movie musical, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers found its perfect partner in the Open Air Theatre.
This much-loved musical includes Bless Your Beautiful Hide, Goin’ Courtin’, Wonderful, Wonderful Day, and the dance spectacular, Barn Dance. Featuring Alex Gaumond as Adam and
Laura Pitt-Pulford as Milly, director Rachel Kavanaugh reunited the creative team behind our award-winning production of The Sound of Music.
Originally Directed for Broadway by LAWRENCE KASHAOriginally Produced on Broadway by KASLAN PRODUCTIONS INC.Original Dance Music arrangements by Sam DavisPresented by arrangement with JOSEF WEINBERGER LIMITED on behalf of MUSIC THEATRE INTERNATIONAL of New York
Read reviewsShow all reviews
In a marvellous performance, Laura Pitt-Pulford's sparky, indomitable Milly holds all the power. Rachel Kavanaugh's revival blossoms into an old-fashioned love story...I even found myself humming Bless Your Beautiful Hide all the way home."
"Rachel Kavanaugh and the talented team behind this revival give MGM a run for its money... AN EVENING TO TREASURE."
"The Open Air Theatre is so delightfully good at revivals of classic musicals that they have become a firm fixture on the summer cultural calendar. Seven Brides continues on this triumphant path... japes aplenty and, pleasingly, a score-full of beautiful songs.
A SUMMER MUSICAL MARRIAGE."
You have no choice but to give in, roll over, and look forward to summer."
West End Frame
Mail on Sunday
"Yee-Ha! It's seven heaven
Rachel Kavanaugh's frolicking, rollicking, sunny and funny, appropriately barn-storming production bowls you over. Feel-good musical productions don’t some better than this. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE."
- Director – Rachel Kavanaugh
- Set and Costume Designer – Peter McKintosh
- Choreographer – Alistair David
- Musical Supervisor & Dance Arrangements – Gareth Valentine
- Musical Director – Stephen Ridley
- Lighting Designer – Tim Mitchell
- Orchestrations by – Larry Blank & Mark Cumberland
- Sound Designer – Nick Lidster for Autograph
- Casting Director – James Orange
- Fight Director – Kate Waters
- Voice & Text Coach – Barbara Houseman
- Dialect Coach – Charmian Hoare
- Associate Director – Tom Attenborough
- Assistant Musical Director – Peter McCarthy
- Assistant Choreographer & Dance Captain – Emma Woods
- Deputy Dance Captain – Matthew Whennell-Clark
- Associate Fight Directors – Jonathan Holby & Owain Gwynn
- Assistant to the Designer – Simon Wells
- Liza – Rosanna Bates
- Mr Hoallum – David Burrows
- Mrs Sander – Angela M. Caesar
- Daniel – Leon Cooke
- Matt – Eamonn Cox
- Jeb – Jacob Fisher
- Dorcas – Charlene Ford
- Mr Sander – Steve Fortune
- Adam Pontipee – Alex Gaumond
- Preacher – Trevor Michael Georges
- Ephraim – Bob Harms
- Alice – Bethany Huckle
- Sarah – Frankie Jenna
- Benjamin – James Leece
- Zeke – Philip Marriott
- Joel – Dylan Mason
- Martha – Natasha Mould
- Nathan – Peter Nash
- Gideon – Sam O'Rourke
- Luke – Ryan Pidgen
- Milly Bradon – Laura Pitt-Pulford
- Frank – Adam Rhys-Charles
- Ruth – Karli Vale
- Mrs Hoallum – Annie Wensak
- Male Swing – Matthew Whennell-Clark
- Caleb – Ed White
- Female Swing – Emma Woods
Songs from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
To coincide with our production, Alex Gaumond, Laura Pitt-Pulford and Sam O’Rourke have recorded some tracks which appear on a new recording of songs from Seven Brides from Seven Brothers - a studio album released by JAY Productions with the National Symphony Orchestra.
The CD is now available for £14 (including p+p).Order now