By Michael Morpurgo
In an adaptation by Samuel Adamson
Originally produced by Regent’s Park Theatre and Chichester Festival Theatre
We are delighted that our 2016 production of Michael Morpurgo’s Running Wild embarked on its first UK tour with Children’s Touring Partnership, from February through to June 2017.
★★★★ “AUDACIOUS and IMAGINATIVE, stylishly directed and those puppets are things of never-ending beauty.” Evening Standard
For Will, going to Indonesia isn’t just another holiday with mum. It’s a new start, and the chance to ride an elephant called Oona.
But then the tsunami hit – and Oona charges into the jungle, with her young rider desperately clinging on.
This ‘brilliant, life affirming show’ (Radio Times), delighted audiences with imaginative puppetry and energetic staging. The tour launched at Chichester Festival Theatre, before visiting Coventry, Sheffield, High Wycombe, London, Blackpool, Leeds, Salford, Norwich, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Plymouth, Northampton, Canterbury and Wolverhampton.
- Director – Timothy Sheader & Dale Rooks
- Set and Costume Designer – Paul Wills
- Arranger & Musical Director – Finn Caldwell and Toby Olié for Gyre & Gimble
- Original Songs and Composition – Rod Paton
- Additional Music By – Nick Powell and Louisa Anna Duggan
- Sound Score – Nick Powell
- Lighting Designer – James Whiteside
- Sound Designer – Nick Sagar
- Movement Director – Georgina Lamb
- Casting Director – Polly Jerrold
- Original Casting Director for Regent's Park Open Air Theatre – Jessica Ronane CDG
- Casting to be announced