lyrics by TIM RICE | music by ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER
From a life of poverty to spiritual leader of the nation, Eva Peron was loved, hated, derided and venerated.
Dividing the Argentinian people with her patriotic speeches, her ambition, glamour and magnetism established ‘Evita’ as the world’s first major political celebrity.
With a chart-topping score including Don’t Cry For Me Argentina, Oh What A Circus, Another Suitcase in Another Hall, and the Oscar-winning You Must Love Me, Jamie Lloyd directs Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's iconic musical.
Samantha Pauly*, Ektor Rivera and Trent Saunders are appearing with the support of UK Equity, incorporating the Variety Artistes’ Federation, pursuant to an exchange program between American Equity and UK Equity.
* Samantha Pauly will not appear at the matinee performances on 21 & 28 August.
A Captioned Performance will take place on 6 September, and an Audio Described performance (with Touch Tour) at the matinee on 7 September. More information
Guidelines for Parents and Teachers
As a sung-through musical with a playing time of approximately 2hr 25mins, Evita is likely to be most suitable for secondary school age and over. Further information and synopsis can be found by searching online for ‘Evita’.
It remains the responsibility of the parent/guardian in advance of purchase to make their own judgement as to the suitability of the show for their child, but in any event, children under the age of 4 will not be admitted to the venue..
More Information about bringing children to the Open Air Theatre
- Director – Jamie Lloyd
- Designer – Soutra Gilmour
- Choreographer – Fabian Aloise
- Musical Supervisor – Alan Williams
- Lighting Designer – Jon Clark
- Sound Designer – Nick Lidster for Autograph
- Season Associate Director (Voice & Text)
– Barbara Houseman
- Fight Director – Kate Waters
- Casting Director – Will Burton CDG for DGA
- Casting Director (USA) – Tara Rubin Casting: Merri Sugarman, CSA.
- Casting Director (children) – Adelle Moss
- Orchestrations – by David Cullen and Andrew Lloyd Webber based on orchestration originally by Andrew Lloyd Webber.
- Eva Peron – Samantha Pauly*
- Juan Peron – Ektor Rivera
- Che – Trent Saunders
- Augustin Magaldi – Adam Pearce
- The Mistress – Frances Mayli McCann
- Ensemble – Alexander Barria
- Ensemble – Felipe Bejarano
- Ensemble – Alex Cardall
- Ensemble – Russell Dickson
- Ensemble – Lauren Drew
- Ensemble – Hannah Fairclough
- Ensemble – Chris Fung
- Ensemble – Chloe Hart
- Ensemble – Travis Kerry
- Ensemble – Jessica Lee
- Ensemble – Dale Mathurin
- Ensemble – Peter Nash
- Ensemble – Sarah Naudi
- Ensemble – Mireia Mambo
- Ensemble – Bree Smith
- Ensemble – Marsha Songcome
- Ensemble – Monica Swayne
- Ensemble – Oliver Tester
- Ensemble – Amy Thornton
- Ensemble – Jon Tsouras
- Ensemble – Rodney Vubya
- Children – Saffia Layla, Ava Masters, Chanai Owusu-Ansah, Ellicia Simondwood