We were delighted to bring Unicorn Theatre's critically acclaimed show about the infamous trickster spider Anansi the Spider, to the Open Air Theatre.
People say that a time long, long ago, animals walked on two feet and spoke with words, like we do. And back then it was known by everyone that the cleverest of all the animals in the kingdom was a spider – the infamous Anansi – the original trickster and the master spinner of yarns.
But sometimes Anansi could be a little too clever for his own good…
'A production that is totally engaging for both its young audience and their adult companions.'
British Theatre Guide
Created and directed by Unicorn Theatre Artistic Director Justin Audibert, this retelling of the classic West African and Caribbean folk tales, for ages 3 - 7, was bought vividly to life for all ages to enjoy outdoors on our theatre lawn.
Co-produced with the Unicorn Theatre and supported by Arts Council England and DCMS through the Culture Recovery Fund.
'direct and effervescent'
- Justin Audibert – Director
- Sadeysa Greenaway-Bailey – Designer
- Duramaney Kamara – Composer & Sound Designer
- Lucy Cullingford – Original Movement Direction
- Darcel Osei – Additional Movement Direction
- Alice Wordsworth – Assistant Director
- Charity Bedu-Addo – Cast
- Lauren-Deanna Stubbs – Cast
- Mae Munuo – Cast