Members and Patrons – Terms & Condition
- Pricing. All prices for our Annual Membership, Patron and Inner Circle schemes (“Memberships”) are annual payments in GBP sterling (£), including tax where applicable. All prices and benefits can be found here.
- Benefits. Annual Membership and our Patron scheme (including Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond levels) are entirely subject to VAT and do not include any charitable donation.
- Inner Circle Memberships. Inner Circle Memberships are philanthropic in nature. As an independent charity with no public subsidy, these Memberships offer crucial support to Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre and our work. All Inner Circle Memberships include a benefits payment, which reflects the actual cost of the subscription, and a suggested donation to Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre, which is eligible for Gift Aid. The benefit portion of the fee represents the cost of the benefit and is inclusive of VAT. There is no VAT on the donation portion. You are able to purchase an Inner Circle Membership without including a donation which supports the theatre by contacting the Partnerships Team on [email protected] or 0207 467 4958. Please note payments via CAF vouchers or via a charitable trust can only be accepted for the donation portion of an Inner Circle Membership. A personal cheque or alternative payment method would be required for the benefit portion. You may also choose to give the entire amount of your Inner Circle Membership as a pure donation with no benefits expected in return, in which case the whole amount could be eligible for Gift Aid, subject to the completion of a Gift Aid declaration.
- Membership lengths and renewal. All Memberships will last for one year, from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated. After that you may renew your Membership for subsequent periods of one year. Please note that the price for Membership may increase and the associated benefits and terms may change on renewal. We will notify you of these changes before renewal, and you may either decide to renew, or terminate your Membership. Existing Members will be informed of price changes at least 14 days before they are due to renew.
- Membership upgrades. You can upgrade your Membership at any point in the year, though the original expiration date of the Membership will not change. You can upgrade your Membership by contacting us at [email protected] or 0207 467 4958.
- Memberships are for individual use only. Memberships are not intended for businesses or organisations and must not be shared with others. Benefits associated with the Membership must be used within the term of the Membership and cannot be transferred, except where we consent. If you would like us to consider a transfer of a membership in exceptional circumstances, please email [email protected].
- Payment. When you pay for your Membership online, by phone or in person your Membership will be active immediately. Payments by cheque (personal or CAF) or BACS transfer may be subject to a delay as your payment is processed.
- Communications. Membership correspondence is sent via email or second class post. If you have provided us with an email address, this will be our primary contact method, rather than post. You can update your mailing preferences by contacting the Partnerships Team on [email protected] or 0207 467 4958. Once processed and/or posted, we will assume that you have received your confirmation letter (and Membership card if applicable). Please contact the Partnerships Team if you have not received it within 14 days of your Membership becoming active.
- Contact detail changes. Please advise us if your contact details change to ensure you receive all relevant information relating to your Membership.
- Cancellations. If you change your mind about becoming a Member, you may request a refund if you notify the Partnerships Team in writing within 14 days, provided you have not used any of the benefits associated with the membership and return all Membership materials to us (including your Membership card if applicable) within 14 days of receipt. If you have accessed any of the benefits associated with the Membership a refund will not be granted. After this period, Memberships are not refundable.
- Gift Memberships. Gift Memberships are available for Annual Membership and Inner Circle Memberships. They can be purchased on our website or by telephone. Inner Circle Memberships purchased as a gift, are not eligible for Gift Aid as per HMRC guidelines. Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 365 days of the original purchase. Membership of the Directors’ Circle cannot be purchased as a Gift.
- Visits. All visitors to Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre, including Members and their guests, are expected to behave appropriately and to treat our staff, cast and creative teams with respect and kindness. Our theatre is inclusive, welcoming and safe. You may be refused entry and/or be removed from Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre if:
13.1: you behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of others;
13.2: you fail to produce proof of identity or age when required;
13.3: you refuse to co-operate with the venue’s security searches or breach our terms;
13.4: you do anything that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive, facilitates illegal activity, promotes unlawful violence, discriminatory based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or is otherwise illegal or causes damage or injury.
We reserve the right to revoke Memberships without refund at any time, if a Member displays unacceptable behaviour to members of staff or other members of the public (including those listed above). In exceptional circumstances, we may refuse Membership where we consider doing so is in the best interests of Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre, our staff, casts or creatives.
14. Donations. One-off donations do not include any benefits and do not qualify for a Membership. Please contact the Partnerships Team if you have made a donation and would like to convert it into a Membership. If you have made a donation in error, please contact us for assistance. One-off donations may be eligible for Gift Aid, subject to the completion of a Gift Aid declaration.
15. Changes to Membership Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. We will give existing Members and Patrons 14 days’ notice of any changes to these Terms & Conditions
16. Concerns and feedback. We are committed to ensuring we provide our donors with the best quality experience. Whist we work hard to provide the best possible service and experience for all our supporters, we recognise that there may be times when we do not meet your expectations. When our performance does fall below the standards we set ourselves, we endeavour to respond to you and to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. If at any point you do feel that you haven’t received the service you should have, including from our partners, please contact the Partnerships Team and we will be happy to help. If you have a concern about how we fundraise or would like to raise a complaint, please contact the Partnerships Team on [email protected]. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may contact the Fundraising Regulator within two months, www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk.
17. Liability to you. If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process. Our total liability to you under these terms and conditions shall not exceed the price paid by you to us for the Membership. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for breach of your legal rights. We only supply the products to you for domestic and private use. We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
18. Contact us. If you have any queries regarding your membership, please contact the team on [email protected].
19. General terms. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another organisation. We will do our best to tell you if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms and conditions to another person if we agree to this in writing. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms and conditions, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these terms and conditions and that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts but if you live in another country, you can bring a claim in the courts which are local to you.