A new play by MATTHEW DUNSTER
Adapted from the novel by CHARLES DICKENS
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us.
Sound familiar? How much more do those in power think Europe’s poor can take? When will the people take to the streets of the cities and roar enough is enough?
Please note that the contemporary framing of this production includes moments of violence and the use of strong language.
Running Times: Act 1 - 1hr20, Interval - 20min, Act 2 - 1hr15 (these are estimated running times and will be updated following the preview period).
As you may be subject to additional security checks on your visit to the Open Air Theatre, we ask that patrons arrive early. We appreciate your patience and understanding while these are taking place.
- Director – Timothy Sheader
- Designer – Fly Davis
- Movement Director – Liam Steel
- Lighting Designer – Lee Curran
- Sound Designer – Christopher Shutt
- Video Designer – Douglas O'Connell
- Season Associate Director (Voice & Text)
– Barbara Houseman
- Fight Director – Kate Waters
- Casting Director – Polly Jerrold
- Assistant Director – Nadia Papachronopoulou
- Assistant Fight Director – Jonathan Holby
- Irène/Clémence – Lydia Bradford
- Road Mender – Séan Cernow
- Madame Defarge – Claire-Louise Cordwell
- Lucie Manette – Marième Diouf
- Dr Manette – Patrick Driver
- Barsad – Nabil Elouahabi
- Miss Pross – Lorna Gayle
- Jacques 2 – Lewis Griffin
- Sydney Carton – Nicholas Karimi
- Jerry Cruncher/Monseigneur – Nicholas Khan
- Jacques 1 – Andrew Koji
- Jarvis Lorry – Kevork Malikyan
- Seamstress – Francesca Mills
- Charles Darnay – Jude Owusu
- Monsieur Defarge – Tim Samuels
- Little Lucie – Aliya Ali, Foyinsola Ighodalo, Olivea Puci
- Irène's Child – Evie Buxton, Mia Dalley, Kaitlyn Kou