Music by Richard Rodgers Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II
Book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse
Suggested by "The Trapp Family Singers"
by Maria Augusta Trapp
A classic musical rediscovered in the enchanting surroundings of Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre.
With a timeless score which includes ‘Do-Re-Mi’, ‘Climb Ev’ry Mountain’, ‘My Favourite Things’, ‘Sixteen Going on Seventeen’ and ‘Edelweiss’, The Sound of Music has inspired audiences across the world with its story of love and freedom.
Presented by arrangement with JOSEF WEINBERGER LIMITED on behalf of
R & H THEATRICALS of New York.
Read reviewsShow all reviews
"Charlotte Wakefield is superb as Maria: funny, forthright and movingly vulnerable when the emotional stakes are high"
"WONDERFULLY FRESH and DEEPLY FELT"
MAIL ON SUNDAY
"Rachel Kavanaugh's superbly staged, gloriously atmospheric revival... scales every peak"
"Move over Christopher Plummer, (Michael) Xavier has even more of what it takes"
"CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN... TO GET A TICKET"
"THIS DROP OF GOLDEN SUN WILL WARM YOUR HEART"
"The shadow of Julie Andrews is banished by (Charlotte) Wakefield’s girlish sunshine… the utterly disarming 22-year-old has a big, warm presence, a huge smile and a voice that peals through the evening air"
"Michael Xavier brings a lovely understated poignancy to the Captain’s transformation from rigid patriarch into affectionate father."
"CHARLOTTE WAKEFIELD MAKES A SUPERB MARIA"
"GLORIOUSLY ENJOYABLE I could barely wipe the smile off my face... the whole show maintains an all-important emotional balance, with moments that bring a requisite lump to the back of the throat"
"Buy a tickets and this may well become one of your favourite things this summer"
- Director – Rachel Kavanaugh
- Set & Costume Designer – Peter McKintosh
- Choreographer – Alistair David
- Musical Director – Stephen Ridley
- Lighting Designer – Tim Mitchell
- Orchestrator – Chris Walker
- Sound Designer – Nick Lidster for Autograph
- Casting Director – Pippa Ailion CDG
- Casting Director (children) – Jessica Ronane CDG
- Voice and Text Coach – Barbara Houseman
- Assistant Director – Fiona Dunn
- Assistant Musical Director – Peter McCarthy
- Ursula/Nun – Kimberly Blake
- Liesl – Faye Brookes
- Baroness Elbefeld/Nun – Helen Colby
- Sister Berthe – Nadine Cox
- Nazi/Party Guest – Samuel Edwards
- Herr Zeller – Tim Frances
- Nun/Party Guest – Victoria Hinde
- Mother Abbess – Helen Hobson
- Baron Elberfeld/Nazi – Christopher D Hunt
- Elsa Schraeder – Caroline Keiff
- Franz – Stuart Matthew Price
- Max Detweiler – Michael Matus
- Nazi/Party Guest – Harry Morrison
- Frau Schmidt/Nun – Gemma Page
- Nun/New Postulant/Party Guest – Laura Pick
- Nun/Party Guest – Anna Simmons
- Sister Sophia – Chloe Taylor
- Rolf Gruber – Joshua Tonks
- Maria Rainer – Charlotte Wakefield
- Sister Margaretta/Frau Zeller – Helen Walsh
- Admiral von Schreiber – Terence Wilton
- Captain von Trapp – Michael Xavier
- Friederich – Finlay Banks, Matthew Muncey,<br>Jaydon Vjin
- Louisa – Elise Bugeja, Lily Burgering, Mia Jenkins
- Kurt – Alistair Blair, Oliver Breedon,<br>Arthur Gledhill-Franks
- Brigitta – Isabelle Allen, Imogen Gurney,<br>Ava Merson-O’Brien
- Marta – Jaime Adler, Emily Carey, Amybeth McNulty
- Gretl – Gemma Fray, Sarah Huttlestone,<br>Honor Kneafsey