Adapted for the stage by Simon Reade.
Based on the novel by Jane Austen.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife
As the Bennet sisters haplessly search for love in Jane Austen’s ultimate romantic comedy, it is Mr Darcy who unwittingly finds his match.
Celebrating the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice.
Read reviewsShow all reviews
"JANE AUSTEN’S MOST BELOVED NOVEL RE-BORN... it clips along smartly from scene to scene... and shows a respect for Austen’s dialogue."
“Such CHARM AND ELEGANCE... Jennifer Kirby makes a professional stage debut as Elizabeth Bennet; her intelligent, laughing demeanour and sparkling eyes make her the perfect foil for David Oakes’s BROODING, DEPTH-SUGGESTING MR DARCY."
"Elizabeth and Darcy... charmingly played by Jennifer Kirby and David Oakes."
MAIL ON SUNDAY
"Jennifer Kirby... brings to Elizabeth a WINNING MIX OF MISCHIEF AND GRAVITY that reminds me of a young Judi Dench.”
- Director – Deborah Bruce
- Set Designer – Max Jones
- Costume Designer – Tom Piper
- Composer – Lillian Henley
- Movement Director – Siân Williams
- Lighting Designer – Tina MacHugh
- Sound Designer – Matt McKenzie for Autograph
- Casting Director – Ginny Schiller
- Voice and Text Coach – Barbara Houseman
- Assistant Director – Jack Thorpe Baker
- Lady Catherine de Bourgh – Jane Asher
- Mr Collins – Ed Birch
- Miss Mary Bennet / Miss de Bourgh – Leah Brotherhead
- Miss Kitty Bennet – Imogen Byron
- Miss Georgiana Darcy – Sophia Capasso
- Miss Charlotte Lucas – Olivia Darnley
- Mrs Gardiner – Caroline Harker
- Mr Bingley – Rob Heaps
- Miss Jane Bennet – Yolanda Kettle
- Miss Elizabeth Bennet – Jennifer Kirby
- Mrs Bennet – Rebecca Lacey
- Miss Caroline Bingley – Frances McNamee
- Mr Darcy – David Oakes
- Mr Wickham – Barnaby Sax
- Miss Lydia Bennet – Eleanor Thorn
- Mr Bennet – Timothy Walker
- Sir William Lucas / Mr Reynolds – David Whitworth