lyrics by TIM RICE | music by ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER
From a life of poverty to spiritual leader of the nation, Eva Peron was loved, hated, derided and venerated.
Dividing the Argentinian people with her patriotic speeches, her ambition, glamour and magnetism established ‘Evita’ as the world’s first major political celebrity.
With a chart-topping score including Don’t Cry For Me Argentina, Oh What A Circus, Another Suitcase in Another Hall, and the Oscar-winning You Must Love Me, Jamie Lloyd directed Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's iconic musical.
Samantha Pauly, Ektor Rivera and Trent Saunders appeared with the support of UK Equity, incorporating the Variety Artistes’ Federation, pursuant to an exchange program between American Equity and UK Equity.
Production photos by Marc Brenner
Part 1 = 55mins | Interval = 20mins | Part 2 = 55mins.
Guidelines for Parents and Teachers
As a sung-through musical with a playing time of approximately 2hr 25mins, Evita is likely to be most suitable for secondary school age and over. Further information and synopsis can be found by searching online for ‘Evita’.
It remains the responsibility of the parent/guardian in advance of purchase to make their own judgement as to the suitability of the show for their child, but in any event, children under the age of 4 will not be admitted to the venue..
More Information about bringing children to the Open Air Theatre
Read reviewsShow all reviews
The production’s beating heart is American actress Samantha Pauly, who possesses a beguiling blend of butter-wouldn’t-melt charm and sensual guile, a pristine voice with a steel edge, and more than a touch of star quality."
Mail on Sunday
- Director – Jamie Lloyd
- Designer – Soutra Gilmour
- Choreographer – Fabian Aloise
- Musical Supervisor – Alan Williams
- Lighting Designer – Jon Clark
- Sound Designer – Nick Lidster for Autograph
- Season Associate Director (Voice & Text) – Barbara Houseman
- Fight Director – Kate Waters
- Casting Director – Will Burton CDG for DGA
- Casting Director (USA) – Tara Rubin Casting: Merri Sugarman, CSA.
- Casting Director (children) – Adelle Moss
- Eva Perón – Samantha Pauly
- Che – Trent Saunders
- Juan Perón – Ektor Rivera
- Augustin Magaldi – Adam Pearce
- The Mistress – Frances Mayli McCann
- Ensemble – Alexander Barria
- Ensemble – Felipe Bejarano
- Ensemble – Alex Cardall
- Ensemble – Russell Dickson
- Ensemble – Lauren Drew
- Ensemble – Hannah Fairclough
- Ensemble – Chris Fung
- Ensemble – Chloe Hart
- Ensemble – Travis Kerry
- Ensemble – Jessica Lee
- Ensemble – Mireia Mambo
- Ensemble – Dale Mathurin
- Ensemble – Peter Nash
- Ensemble – Sarah Naudi
- Ensemble – Bree Smith
- Ensemble – Marsha Songcome
- Ensemble – Monica Swayne
- Ensemble – Oliver Tester
- Ensemble – Amy Thornton
- Ensemble – Jon Tsouras
- Ensemble – Rodney Vubya
- Children – Saffia Layla, Ava Masters, Chanai Owusu-Ansah, Ellicia Simondwood