lyrics by TIM RICE | music by ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER
From a life of poverty to spiritual leader of the nation, Eva Peron was loved, hated, derided and venerated.
Dividing the Argentinian people with her patriotic speeches, her ambition, glamour and magnetism established ‘Evita’ as the world’s first major political celebrity.
With a chart-topping score including Don’t Cry For Me Argentina, Oh What A Circus, Another Suitcase in Another Hall, and the Oscar-winning You Must Love Me, Jamie Lloyd directs Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's iconic musical.
A Captioned Performance will take place on 6 September, and an Audio Described performance (with Touch Tour) at the matinee on 7 September. More information
Guidelines for Parents and Teachers
As a sung-through musical with a playing time of approximately 2hr 25mins, Evita is likely to be most suitable for secondary school age and over. Further information and synopsis can be found by searching online for ‘Evita’.
It remains the responsibility of the parent/guardian in advance of purchase to make their own judgement as to the suitability of the show for their own child.
More Information about bringing children to the Open Air Theatre
- Director – Jamie Lloyd
- Designer – Soutra Gilmour
- Choreographer – Fabian Aloise
- Musical Supervisor – Alan Williams
- Lighting Designer – Jon Clark
- Sound Designer – Nick Lidster for Autograph
- Season Associate Director (Voice & Text)
– Barbara Houseman
- Casting Director – Will Burton CDG for DGA
- Casting Director (USA) – Tara Rubin Casting
- Eva Peron – Samantha Pauly
- Juan Peron – Ektor Rivera
- Che – Trent Saunders
- The Mistress – Frances Mayli McCann
- Cast – Full casting to be announced