Music and lyrics by
GEORGE GERSHWIN and IRA GERSHWIN
Book by KEN LUDWIG
Based on the Original Broadway and
West End Choreography by SUSAN STROMAN
Co-conception by KEN LUDWIG and MIKE OCKRENT
Inspired by material by GUY BOLTON and JOHN McGOWAN
Originally produced on Broadway by ROGER HORCHOW and ELIZABETH WILLIAMS
Packed full of George and Ira Gershwin's classic songs including "I Got Rhythm", "Someone To Watch Over Me", "Embraceable You" and "Nice Work If You Can Get It", Crazy for You boasts not only some of the finest songs ever written but some of the most dynamic choreography ever seen on the London stage.
Read reviewsShow all reviews
"full of youthful exuberance...the show brims with a sassy joie de vivre" "Stephen Mear's choreography is INGENIOUS and POLISHED"
"beautifully choreographed by Stephen Mear and directed with aplomb by Timothy Sheader...this production is a glorious blaze of colour and exuberance" "IRRESISTIBLE"
"nothing short of sublime...designed to put a smile on your face
"You'll go crazy for Gershwin's girls"
"the sheer joy the company take in their work is infectious...Clare Foster is terrific...Sean Palmer is a handsome sweetheart"
"Crazily enjoyable summer treat of a musical features the best musical score in London"
"spirits soar during this delirious revival...the director, Timothy Sheader, the superbly inventive choreographer Stephen Mear and an ebullient company all spendidly delivery the goods...A DELIGHT"
"a starlit tunnel to showbiz heaven"...
"Timothy Sheader's return to directing in his theatre's triumphant season conjures light and joy, wisecracks and whirling feet."
“Timothy Sheader’s excellent staging pitches it perfectly. His wittily detailed revival... shifts indoors, but loses none of its sunny disposition.”
“this is an exuberant ensemble show”
“this is a tonic for gloomy times”
- Director – Timothy Sheader
- Choreographer – Stephen Mear
- Set and Costume Designer – Peter McKintosh
- Dance Arrangements and Musical Supervisor – Gareth Valentine
- Lighting Designer – Tim Mitchell
- Orchestrator – Chris Egan
- Sound Designer – Mike Walker
- Musical Director – Stephen Ridley
- Casting Director – David Grindrod Associates
- Fight Director – Renny Krupinski
- Resident Director – Paul Foster
- Assistant Designer – Simon Wells
- Assistant Musical Director – Mark Bousie
- Assistant Choreographer – Jo Morris
- Bobby Child – Sean Palmer
- Polly Baker – Clare Foster
- Irene Roth – Kim Medcalf
- Lank Hawkins – Michael McKell
- Bela Zangler – David Burt
- Lottie Child / Patricia Fodor – Harriet Thorpe
- Everett Baker – Sidney Livingstone
- Perkins / Jimmy / Eugene Fodor – Samuel Holmes
- Tess – Rachel Stanley
- Patsy – Alexis Owen Hobbs
- Louise – Lucy Anderson
- Betsy – Jessica Buckby
- Mitzi – Cara Elston
- Elaine – Charlene Ford
- Margie – Joanna Goodwin
- Susie – Amy Griffiths
- Pete – Phil Snowden
- Billy – James O'Connell
- Moose – Carl Sanderson
- Sam – Harry Morrison
- Mingo – Stephen Whitson
- Junior – Richard Jones
- Wyatt – Josh Lacey
- Vera – Jo Morris
- Swing – Michelle Andrews
- Swing – Stuart Dawes
- Swing – Joshua Lay
- Swing – Holly Dale Spencer