Celebrated for our innovative approach to classic musicals, rediscover Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Carousel. Featuring a score that includes ‘If I Loved You’ and ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’, Timothy Sheader directs with choreography by Drew McOnie.
We have created an info hub to help you prepare for your visit and to share the work we are doing to make the venue covid-secure (a separate information hub is available for Anansi the Spider, and our MOREoutdoor events). Please check the info hub again immediately before you visit as some information may change in line with government guidance.
Based on Ferenc Molnar’s Play “Liliom” as adapted by Benjamin F. Glazer | Original Choreography by Agnes de Mille
Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Carousel is presented through special arrangement with Concord Theatricals Ltd. On behalf of R&H Theatricals. For more information visit www.rnh.com.
Running time: approx 2hrs 50 mins (incl 25 minute interval)
Guidelines for Parents
As a sung-through musical with a playing time of approximately 2hr 50mins (including the interval), Carousel is likely to be most suitable for secondary school age and over. Further information and synopsis can be found by searching online for ‘Carousel Musical’.
It remains the responsibility of the parent/guardian in advance of purchase to make their own judgement as to the suitability of the show for their own child. In any event, children under the age of 4 will not be admitted to the venue.
- Associate Director – Joanna Bowman
- Casting Director – Lucy Casson
- Musical Supervisor & Orchestrator – Tom Deering
- Associate Musical Director – Mark Dickman
- Co-Costume Designer – Molly Einchcomb
- Sound Associate – Annie May Fletcher
- Season Associate Director/Voice & Text Director – Barbara Houseman
- Sound Designer – Nick Lidster for Autograph
- Lighting Associate – Simisola Majekodunmi
- Lighting Designer – Aideen Malone
- Choreographer – Drew McOnie
- Associate Choreographer – Ebony Molina
- Children's Casting Director – Verity Naughton
- Casting Director – James Orange
- Set Designer & Co-Costume Designer – Tom Scutt
- Director – Timothy Sheader
- Casting Director – Jacob Sparrow
- Fight Director – Kate Waters
- Julie Jordan – Carly Bawden
- Billy Bigelow – Declan Bennett
- Enoch Snow – John Pfumojena
- Nettie Fowler – Joanna Riding
- Louise Bigelow – Natasha May Thomas