Shakespeare's fantastical fable of desire, confusion, jealousy and growing up.
"Lord, what fools these mortals be!"
Through live music, playful adventure and physical invention, see the lovers' world transformed into a place of magic, laughter and healing, as we journey into the woods.
Suitable ages 12+
View the full 2019 Season schedule here.
A Captioned Performance will take place on 26 July, and an Audio Described performance (with Touch Tour) at the matinee on 20 July. More information
Guidelines for Parents and Teachers
A Midsummer Night's Dream
This production of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream is suitable for those aged 12 and over. Further details will be added to the website as the season approaches.
Please note that this is not part of our programme of work created/re-imagined especially for children. It remains the responsibility of the parent/guardian in advance of purchase to make their own judgement as to the suitability of the show for their child, but in any event, children under the age of 4 will not be admitted to the venue.
More Information about bringing children to the Open Air Theatre
- Helena – Remy Beasley
- Hermia – Gabrielle Brooks
- Starveling – Liz Crowther
- Lysander – Michael Elcock
- Theseus/Oberon – Kieran Hill
- Hippolyta/Titania – Amber James
- Fairy/Musician – Matthew James Hinchliffe
- Fairy – Mei Mac
- Puck – Myra McFadyen
- Snout – Lee Mengo
- Flute – Joshua Miles
- Demetrius – Pierro Niel-Mee
- Snug/Musician – Tomi Ogbaro
- Fairy/Musician – Simon Oskarsson
- Fairy – Yana Penrose
- Fairy – Emily Rose-Salter
- Egeus/Quince – Gareth Snook
- Bottom – Susan Wokoma