Adapted for the stage by Christopher Sergel
Based on the novel by Harper Lee
Mockingbirds just make music; they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out. That’s why it is a sin to kill a mockingbird
Set in the Deep South, Harper Lee’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel sees racial injustice envelop a small-town community. Through courage and compassion, lawyer Atticus Finch seeks the truth, and his daughter, Scout - a young girl on the cusp of adulthood - brings new hope to a neighbourhood in turmoil.
Due to popular demand, To Kill a Mockingbird will return to the theatre to conclude the 2014 season, ahead of a major UK tour. For more information or to book, please click here.Tweet #OATmockingbird
Read reviewsShow all reviews
“Terrific retelling of Harper Lee's classic makes DRAMATIC GOLD"
"If any performances of this heart-shakingly sincere production are rained off, it will be bitterly undeserved. Not one precious night must be lost"
"If you have tears, prepare to shed them at this superb adaptation of Harper Lee’s great book…a production of TREMENDOUS HEART and EMOTIONAL DEPTH ...Robert Sean Leonard deftly capturing the character’s wisdom, kindness, dry wit and underlying melancholy"
"A MAGNIFICENT Mockingbird"
"Sheader and his team are now finding a Shakespearean dimension, and reverberation, in modern classics"
"RIVETING and SYMPATHETIC …Sheader’s production is brilliantly sensitive"
- Director – Timothy Sheader
- Designer – Jon Bausor
- Composer – Phil King
- Movement Director – Naomi Said
- Lighting Designer – Oliver Fenwick
- Sound Designer – Ian Dickinson for Autograph
- Casting Director – Lotte Hines
- Casting Director (children) – Jessica Ronane CDG
- Voice and Text Coach – Barbara Houseman
- Dialect Coach – Majella Hurley
- Assistant Director – Anthony Almeida
- Calpurnia – Michele Austin
- Tom Robinson – Richie Campbell
- Mr Walter Cunningham / Judge Taylor – Christopher Ettridge
- Nathan Radley / Mr Gilmer – Tom Godwin
- Bob Ewell – Simon Gregor
- Heck Tate – Stephen Kennedy
- Link Deas – Phil King
- Maudie Atkinson – Hattie Ladbury
- Stephanie Crawford / Mrs Dubose – Julie Legrand
- Atticus Finch – Robert Sean Leonard
- Mayella Ewell – Rona Morison
- Reverend Sykes – Joe Speare
- Boo Radley – Daniel Tuite
- Scout – Lucy Hutchinson, Izzy Lee,
- Jem – Gus Barry, Callum Henderson, Adam Scotland
- Dill – Harry Bennett, Sebastian Clifford, Ewan Harris