Adapted for the stage by Christopher Sergel
Based on the novel by Harper Lee
Mockingbirds just make music; they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out. That’s why it is a sin to kill a mockingbird
Set in the Deep South, Harper Lee’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel sees racial injustice envelop a small-town community. Through courage and compassion, lawyer Atticus Finch seeks the truth, and his daughter, Scout - a young girl on the cusp of adulthood - brings new hope to a neighbourhood in turmoil.
Due to popular demand, To Kill a Mockingbird will return to the theatre to conclude the 2014 season, ahead of a major UK tour. For more information or to book, please click here.
Read reviewsShow all reviews
“Terrific retelling of Harper Lee's classic makes DRAMATIC GOLD"
"A MAGNIFICENT Mockingbird"
"If you have tears, prepare to shed them at this superb adaptation of Harper Lee’s great book…a production of TREMENDOUS HEART and EMOTIONAL DEPTH ...Robert Sean Leonard deftly capturing the character’s wisdom, kindness, dry wit and underlying melancholy"
"Sheader and his team are now finding a Shakespearean dimension, and reverberation, in modern classics"
"RIVETING and SYMPATHETIC …Sheader’s production is brilliantly sensitive"
"If any performances of this heart-shakingly sincere production are rained off, it will be bitterly undeserved. Not one precious night must be lost"
- Timothy Sheader – Director
- Jon Bausor – Designer
- Phil King – Composer
- Naomi Said – Movement Director
- Oliver Fenwick – Lighting Designer
- Ian Dickinson for Autograph – Sound Designer
- Lotte Hines – Casting Director
- Jessica Ronane CDG – Casting Director (children)
- Barbara Houseman – Voice and Text Coach
- Majella Hurley – Dialect Coach
- Anthony Almeida – Assistant Director
- Michele Austin – Calpurnia
- Richie Campbell – Tom Robinson
- Christopher Ettridge – Mr Walter Cunningham / Judge Taylor
- Tom Godwin – Nathan Radley / Mr Gilmer
- Simon Gregor – Bob Ewell
- Stephen Kennedy – Heck Tate
- Phil King – Link Deas
- Hattie Ladbury – Maudie Atkinson
- Julie Legrand – Stephanie Crawford / Mrs Dubose
- Robert Sean Leonard – Atticus Finch
- Rona Morison – Mayella Ewell
- Joe Speare – Reverend Sykes
- Daniel Tuite – Boo Radley
- Lucy Hutchinson, Izzy Lee,
Eleanor Worthington-Cox – Scout
- Gus Barry, Callum Henderson, Adam Scotland – Jem
- Harry Bennett, Sebastian Clifford, Ewan Harris – Dill