Music & Lyrics by George & Ira Gershwin
Book by Ken Ludwig
Co-conception by Ken Ludwig and Mike Ockrent
Inspired by material by Guy Bolton and John McGowan
George and Ira Gershwin’s hit musical comedy is packed full of classic songs including “I Got Rhythm”, “Someone To Watch Over Me”, “Embraceable You” and “Nice Work If You Can Get It”. The original 1992 production won both the Tony and Olivier Award for Best New Musical.The creative team from the multi-award winning production of Hello, Dolly! reunites, including director Timothy Sheader, choreographer Stephen Mear and designer Peter McKintosh, with Into the Woods musical supervisor, Gareth Valentine.
Crazy for You, which received more five star reviews than any other musical in 2011, transferred directly into West End
Read reviewsShow all reviews
"full of youthful exuberance...the show brims with a sassy joie de vivre" "Stephen Mear's choreography is INGENIOUS and POLISHED"
"beautifully choreographed by Stephen Mear and directed with aplomb by Timothy Sheader...this production is a glorious blaze of colour and exuberance" "IRRESISTIBLE"
"nothing short of sublime...designed to put a smile on your face
"You'll go crazy for Gershwin's girls"
"the sheer joy the company take in their work is infectious...Clare Foster is terrific...Sean Palmer is a handsome sweetheart"
"Crazily enjoyable summer treat of a musical features the best musical score in London"
"spirits soar during this delirious revival...the director, Timothy Sheader, the superbly inventive choreographer Stephen Mear and an ebullient company all spendidly delivery the goods...A DELIGHT"
"a starlit tunnel to showbiz heaven"..."Timothy Sheader's return to directing in his theatre's triumphant season conjures light and joy, wisecracks and whirling feet."
- Director – Timothy Sheader
- Choreographer – Stephen Mear
- Set and Costume Designer – Peter McKintosh
- Dance Arrangements, Musical Supervisor & Musical Director – Gareth Valentine
- Lighting Designer – Tim Mitchell
- Orchestrator – Chris Egan
- Sound Designer – Mike Walker
- Casting Director – David Grindrod CDG
- Fight Director – Renny Krupinski
- Dialect Coach – Rick Lipton
- Assistant Director – Paul Foster
- Assistant Musical Director – Stephen Ridley
- Assistant Choreographer – Jo Morris
- Bobby Child – Sean Palmer
- Polly Baker – Clare Foster
- Irene Roth – Kim Medcalf
- Lank Hawkins – Michael McKell
- Bela Zangler – David Burt
- Lottie Child / Patricia Fodor – Harriet Thorpe
- Everett Baker – Sidney Livingstone
- Perkins / Jimmy / Eugene Fodor – Samuel Holmes
- Tess – Rachel Stanley
- Patsy – Alexis Owen Hobbs
- Louise – Lucy Anderson
- Betsy – Jessica Buckby
- Mitzi – Cara Elston
- Elaine – Charlene Ford
- Margie – Joanna Goodwin
- Susie – Amy Griffiths
- Pete – Phil Snowden
- Billy – James O'Connell
- Moose – Carl Sanderson
- Sam – Harry Morrison
- Mingo – Stephen Whitson
- Junior – Richard Jones
- Wyatt – Josh Lacey
- Vera – Jo Morris