Contract: 27 April – 14 August 2020. 35 hours per week.
Responsible to: Production Coordinator/Assistant to the Executive.
This is a terrific opportunity to work in a busy producing theatre working alongside experienced practitioners. You will be passionate about theatre and starting a career in arts administration.
Benefits of an internship:
An internship is a unique way to gain hands-on career related experience in a producing venue, by carrying out planned and supervised work that:
- contributes to personal and professional development through challenging work assignments;
- involves a supervision component that is mentoring and educational;
- enables you to gain an understanding of all departments within the theatre;
- has a reflection and evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship; and
- includes career guidance e.g. writing CVs and cover letters as well as preparing for interviews.
- improve and broaden administrative skills;
- gain understanding of Arts Administration in a theatre setting;
- learn how to effectively plan, prepare and co-ordinate events; and
- experience working hands-on in a large and fast moving producing venue.
Closing date: 10am, Monday 9 March 2020.