The Royal Park’s 2018 Hedgehog Survey Findings Are In
By Open Air Theatre
You will have seen us selling toy hedgehogs over our 2018 Season to raise awareness of Regent’s Park’s vulnerable hedgehog population. The Royal Parks have now completed their 2018 hedgehog surveys and we’re excited to share their key findings with you…
- Over 2 nights 150 volunteers supported the surveys, contributing an incredible 560 hours to the project.
- 30 individual hedgehogs were found, 12 males and 18 females.
- This includes 10 juveniles – which is great news and means the hedgehogs have successfully bred this summer.
- All of the hedgehogs were healthy, a good weight and no injuries were recorded.
- The areas around St John’s Lodge, Cumberland Green and Gloucester Green and The Zoo Car Park were most popular.
Surveys will take place again next year in May and September.
To find out more, or to offer your support to Help the Hedgehogs, visit the Royal Parks website here.
Add a comment
Please note that all comments are moderated. Your email address will not be displayed and will never be shared with anyone.